Covid19 October 2020, Seven Months On

 


I have returned to this blog after starting it seven months ago.

I almost certainly had the virus back in March, caught in a local shop when an assistant coughed all over me. This was before wearing masks became mandatory. The cough was terrible and my lungs sounded like they were full of popping candy. After feeling ill for four days my doctor prescribed anti- biotics and wished me luck. I felt very ill on day five and even packed a bag in case of hospital admission. I have never done that before .

After a sleepless night I started to feel a bit better and the fever broke.

I gradually improved but the cough hung around for several weeks.

This is a serious illness and I can see why it is a killer of the vulnerable and those with health issues.

Do not fool around with it if you are elderly.

All you are being asked to do is stay at home at look after yourself. 

If you have a pension and a comfortable home consider yourself lucky .It looks as if many of us in the UK are going to have more lockdown restrictions on Monday.

It is hard, I have not seen my son since last January and have seen my grandchildren and daughter only once since March.

Our planned holiday in Tenerife has been cancelled three times. We are not going to attempt travel overseas until there is a vaccine.

I do not want to find myself sitting next to a silly old fool like Stanley Johnson without a mask on a small aircraft for four hours.


I have given up painting and drawing , the thought of art works piling up with nowhere to exhibit them or sell them is too depressing.

I have bought several new recipe books that accompany TV series,

baking is soothing and at the end of of you have a treat to eat

Today that is going to be a Tea Loaf from Mary Berry's Comfort Food recipe book.


                                         


                                        



It should be served sliced thickly and spread with lots of butter. In my case it will be a low fat spread.












No comments:

Post a Comment