What Next?

 This morning I got up in good time to go to church ,we can have real services again at last, no singing allowed but we have an excellent organist who plays an extended piece at the end of the service  so we can enjoy the pleasure of live music.

Although we have to wear masks and sit spaced apart it is good to take part in a real activity with real people instead of the suspended reality of doing everything on a screen.

I am dreading tomorrow in case the ghastly Boris Johnson orders old people like me and my husband into the  open prison system known as sheltering.


In anticipation of this I have sent for a book on crochet with the intention of making some poppies to wear 11 November, Remembrance Day. A company called Deramores is selling patterns and make a contribution to The British Legion from the sales. I went to Hobby Craft yesterday and stocked up on sewing materials. Something to do when there is no gardening to be done and too much baking makes me fat.

I have not done any crochet for years .I remember my grandmother crocheting shawls for every baby that came along .As her eyesight became worse with increasing age the crochet stitches got bigger and bigger, by the time she was ninety years old the holes in the shawl were almost as big as the baby.

I shall also have a look on Youtube, there are instructions on there on how to do just about anything

 This is the link for poppy crochet pattern:                                                      


                                                     www.deramores.com


                                                                     


If you want to raise money for the British Legion and are in touch with people you can sell things to they have all sorts of ideas and fund raising packs you can send for.

This is their link. It takes a minute or two to connect.

                                                 

                                             https://www.britishlegion.org.uk



When I have had enough of everything my default position is  in front of the television. My favourite programme just now is White Teeth ,adapted from the book  by Zadie Smith, currently on Netflix. Hilarious. 


                                                                                     


                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment