Hard Brexit Shopping List


 

Hard  Brexit  Shopping List

As someone who remembers what emergencies are really like , WW2 ,Suez and the 3 Day week , I  am beginning to make a few adjustments to my shopping list as a Hard Brexit looms.I am just examining where my usual household products come from and buying a few more of things I do not want to be without. A lot are made in Europe.

The supermarkets will already have built up large stocks of non- perishables like pasta and canned food.It is perishable goods like salad ingredients and fruit from the Mediterranean that is likely to run short, this stuff cannot survive hours waiting around in the ports or delivery trucks waiting for inspections and forms to be filled in.In case this happens this I have ordered a mini greenhouse so I can grow salad leaves and a few strawberries

Paper based products coming from Scandinavia  could be a problem .

I shall make sure I get my repeat prescription to the pharmacy in good time.

So here goes with a basic list for people like me who do not have a huge amount of storage space  or unlimited funds to go on a spending spree.

  • Toilet Paper and Kitchen Roll

  • Tissues
  • Laundry pods
  • Dishwasher tablets
  • Bottled Water
  • Water purifying tablets
  • Wind up radio and torch in case of power cuts
  • Tea, Coffee
  • Olive oil
  • Frozen and canned fruit
  • Mini greenhouse
  • Seeds for mixed salads 
Click on the products below to see how to get them delivered to your door from Amazon



                                                                



No comments:

Post a Comment